Top 10 Instagram Hacks
Top 10 Instagram Hacks
- Switch to a business account- If you switch your Instagram to a business account, you will have access to all sorts of helpful analytics. You will be able to see exactly who your followers are and what times they are most active online. Business accounts are free to have! Even if you don’t have a business, you can make a fake Facebook page for your “business,” just keep it set at private and that’s all you need!
- Use a Feed Planer- This is one of the best tips I have discovered. I use the app UNUM to plan out my feed. It is completely free, and it just lets you organize future posts. I do this to make sure my feed is varied and that each photo looks good next to each other.
- Keep clothes in your car- I always keep a bag of some clothes in my car. You never know when you will be somewhere and see some awesome photo spots! This may seem a little ‘extra’ to you but if you take photos a lot, you will understand this! I hate having the same outfit on in every photo so by having some clothes ready to go, I can get lots of photos in different outfits.
- Post your hashtags in the comment section- I always use to put my hashtags in my caption until I found out that that was a big mistake! Hashtags are super helpful for helping other accounts find your content. If you post your hashtags as the first comment on your photo, you won’t have to fill up your captions with ugly hashtags. Just make sure you post the hashtag comments within the first ten minutes of posting your photo!
- Find your editing style- A lot of people will tell you that you must have a specific theme for your Instagram. I do not think that is necessary and I find it can hinder your creative abilities. However, if you find a specific editing style, it will make your feed look consistent. This takes a lot of stress out of your photos because you won’t feel pressured to create a certain type of photo. I can do another post on how I edit my photos if you guys would like!
- Find your tribe- I can not stress this one enough! Find other people on Instagram who have a similar feed as you and reach out to them! I have a constant group chat going with an awesome group of girls who have similar tastes as me! We support each other and are there to answer any questions we may have. It’s a really great way to make friends and to support other creators.
- Geotag the location of the photo- There have been studies done on this topic and they have found that if you geotag the area where the photo was taken, it helps with reach and engagement. I typically geotag the general area or city of a location. If you are in a retail location, go ahead and tag the actual retailer!
- Delete old photos- I bet a good majority of us has those old photos from middle school or high school that we are not proud of. Save those memories to your camera roll and then delete them from your feed. This gets rid of the clutter and can make your feed instantly more appealing!
- Post once a day- You want people to keep coming back to your page. I started posting once a day a few months ago and I have seen a huge boost in engagement! I try to post around the same time every day, so people know when to come back!
- Comment, comment, comment- the new Instagram algorithm really puts emphasizes on comments. Keep in mind, comments only count if they are at least 3 words (not counting emojis). Instagram ranks photos higher that have good engagement. So, respond to all of your comments, comment on other photos, and make sure they are meaningful comments!